Monday, July 15, 2013

Mommy Musings Monday- Sick mom=messy house

So if one of my kids brings home a cold I end up getting their cold times ten. They get the sniffles, I get a fever and chills. I guess being home most the day I am not exposed to germs like I used to be when I was teaching, so any germs that enter my home find my immune system to be a playground. Anyway what amazes me is how messy my house gets in the few hours I stay in bed.

For example, I have been sick this weekend. I was pretty good this weekend about staying out of bed and by doing so the house stayed clean. This morning was another story though. My head pounding, and my chest racked with coughing I stayed in bed this morning. I was able to direct the kids to do their chores and I checked on them occasionally but then sleep overtook me and I was out for about two hours.

When I woke up I was pretty sure I had slept for more than two hours. The kitchen, the living room, my room, the play room, the tv room- about half the house.  I was amazed how quickly the kids could make a mess. The best part was it was only three of them and one of them was taking a nap for an hour.  This only seems to happen when I am sick though. If I am gone for an hour or even taking an odd nap here or there the house stays fine. I am pretty sure my kids have a sensor that goes off saying "mom's sick, engage mess making." It's like they know I will not have the energy to reprimand them or say anything.

Smart kids I guess, I will just have to make sure I start fighting off the super bugs they bring in...

No comments:

Post a Comment