Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Workout Wednesday- Finding time for me

It is no surprise that I am not a huge work out fan. I try to like it, but really it is not that much fun to me. It is something that I need to do and something that must be done but I find it to be more of a chore than anything else. Here is the thing I do love about it though- it is completely my time.

During the day I try to catch time for myself, but as a mother of four with a family to run these moments are brief and fleeting. But when I am at the gym that is 45 minutes that I get all to myself.  When I am there I can take the time to think, to get lost in ideas and thoughts. Usually I find little time to relax, I know that sounds funny, to relax while working out, but there is no better place.

This is why I keep going every morning. Sure dragging three or four kids to the gym at 8:30 every morning is hard. Sometimes the breakfast dishes don't get done before we leave.  And many times morning chores are left unfinished until after we return home. But all of that is okay, because sometimes you just need a little time to regroup and to face what lies ahead.

So I may not like working out, I do like the me time so I will keep going and enjoy that me time.

No comments:

Post a Comment