Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Workout Wednesday-Couch Potato to 5K strike three?

A few months ago I wrote how I was starting the Couch Potato to 5K program in order to become a runner. I actually did pretty well. I got to the point I where I could run for twenty five minutes at a brisk pace. I know that isn't an earth-shattering record but for me that was fabulous.  I was doing really well then my grandma died, the holidays hit, and we bought a house. My running routine, heavens my exercise routine was shot for about two and a half months.

Finally things stabilized, we bought a treadmill, and I started the CP5K program again. I was getting back in the groove, I was doing better and that was fabulous. Then I broke my toe.

Yeah stupid toe.

So I was sidelined for about three months. At least this time my workout routine actually kept going and didn't suffer.

This week I was finally ready to tackle the program again. It was easier this time. I found the run the first day was fabulous. It was so nice. I knew this time I was actually going to succeed and get to the end of the program...then I sprained my foot.

So yes, I am out for the next few weeks and part of me is wondering if it is even worth going back to doing the running thing again.  Is that a sign?

1 comment:

  1. Do you know what this is? THIS, my friend, is SERENDIPITY!

    You see, for I have re-started C25k for the umpteenth time this very week.

    Oh yes, we shall be ready on race day. :)

    ReplyDelete