Monday, January 9, 2012

Recipe- Pina Colada Cake


Every year since I came home from my mission my family and I have celebrated Three Kings Day. I make traditional Puertorican dishes and then the Three Kings visit and leave presents in our shoes. This year instead of making flan for dessert I went another way with a Pina Colada cake. I never had this in PR so it probably isn't Puertorican but I figured the flavors were close enough to count.

This was the best looking cake I ever made. It was sweet and decadent and everyone enjoyed it- even my 7 year old who claims she prefers only natural sugars. So here it is the recipe-


1 box yellow cake mix
1 box instant vanilla pudding & pie filling mix
1/2 can Cream of Coconut
1/2 cup pineapple juice (you can also make this a tad more adult and use Rum)
1/3 cup cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1 can crushed pineapple, well drained

Preheat oven to 350ยบ. In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, ½ the coconut cream, pineapple juice, oil, and eggs. Beat on medium speed for about 2 minutes. Stir in the drained pineapple. Pour into a well greased and floured 10-inch bundt pan. Bake for 50. Cool slightly.


Topping-
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/2 can of Cream of Coconut
1 box of vanilla pudding

Mix and set aside. After flipping the cake and cooling slightly spread on the top of the cake covering all areas. Then top with maraschino cherries and pineapple slices. Chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment