Monday, September 10, 2012

Craft- Celebration board

I am starting to find my weekly craft time to be an escape. I like doing simple easy projects and it gives me a few minutes to just escape. So far I had avoided painting, I have never been great at details. I have stuck with knitting, or things I can work with on photoshop, or print out. But I launched out this time and did a very simple and easy painting project.

This celebration board is a simple concept I found on pintrest. It is a chalk board that sits somewhere in your home and you change daily what your family can celebrate. We have celebrated homemade jam, first days of school, lost teeth, and family baptisms. It is to celebrate big and small. 

First thing I did was went to Home Depot and got some project board. Cooper, the very nice Home Depot employee, cut the board for me till I had six 12x15 pieces. 


Then my husband showed me how to use his drill and drilled two holes in the very top.

Then I started painting. It took three coats of paint but I was surprised how quick it was. It took me twenty minutes to paint the front and sides, then I waited an hour or so for it to dry and painted the back. Not too long at all.

I had someone cut the vinyl for me and I ended up using a vinyl chalk board as well.

Then it was time to add the ribbon, not sure if I like this one but it is what we have for now.

The kids love this and every morning they wait to see what will be written on our celebrate board.


3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Nat, I just love this! What a great idea. Would you consider posting this over on my blog on the link up? This is just the sort of thing many of my readers would be interested in!
    http://ourseasonsofjoy.com/general/waldorf-wednesday-link-up-3/

    ReplyDelete