Saturday, September 15, 2012

Crafts- U of U quilt

About a year ago I made a quilt for my cousin's son, it was a U of U quilt and I wanted to keep it. Not only did I want to keep it but Christian wanted one for himself. Thus started my quest to make sure by his next birthday he had a U quilt.  

I found the fabric on sale!!! a bonus if there ever was one and then found a black and red skein of yarn. 

The hard part about this quilt was keeping it a secret from my husband. I love having my husband home all day, it is a lot of fun and very helpful when the baby is napping and I have to run errands, or if I have to take James to school.  The only time it is a problem is when I want to try and do a project for him.  

With the help of a good friend I was able to tie the quilt in an afternoon then spend the rest of the week finishing it in the basement while Christian worked upstairs, there was only one time when I had to tell him not to come in the room when he finished worked early. 

It ended up working out though and he was surprised. 


I was quite pleased on how it turned out myself! And for the first time ever in sewing a quilt I actually got the binding down the first time!

Go Utes!

No comments:

Post a Comment