Thursday, June 13, 2013

Tasty Thursday: Cheeseburger Pizza




When the kids asked for cheese burger pizza this week I went to work. I went through the recipes that I could find and then decided just to make up my own. It was a cheeseburger so what do you put on it...cheese, burger, pickles, and tomatoes right?  Well in my house you use bacon as well. 


Here is the recipe I used:


Nat's Cheeseburger Pizza (makes 2 14 inch round pizza)
Bobby Flay's Pizza dough 
2 cups ketchup
1 cup mustard
1.5 lbs of ground beef
10-12 strips of bacon
 1 onion, chopped
2 tomatoes
pickles
cheese


Heat oven to 375, I used a pizza stone for this particular pizza but you can use what you have. While the oven is heating brown the ground beef with your chopped onion, and bacon, and slice your tomatoes. Mix the ketchup and mustard together, this will become your "pizza" sauce.

Then it is time to build your pizza. I topped my dough with the sauce and then a sprinkling of cheese and the tomatoes. Half your beef mixture should go on the top and then top with cheese. We added pickles on half of the pizza which seemed to work.


The verdict- it was liked but not as much as the Nacho Pizza from last week. That said everyone ate it and said how it tasted just like a cheese burger. So I figure it was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment