Monday, March 19, 2012

21 Days- Come and See

Come Follow Me by Simon Dewey

Scriptures for the day: 16 Now as he walked by the sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and Andrew his brother casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers.17 And Jesus said unto them, Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men. 18 And straightway they forsook their nets, and followed him. --Mark 1:16-18

38 Then Jesus turned, and saw them following, and saith unto them, What seek ye? They said unto him, Rabbi, (which is to say, being interpreted, Master,) where dwellest thou? 39 He saith unto them, Come and see. They came and saw where he dwelt, and abode with him that day: for it was about the tenth hour. --John 1:38-39


"Come follow me a simple phrase." I have been singing that for as long as I can remember yet as I ponder it I wonder if it is truly simple to follow Him. Today's invitation was to ponder what keeps me from coming unto Christ. You know I don't think it is a big sin or a huge doubt. Like most I live a very busy life. I fill every minute with what I hope are good things. I spend time playing with my children and husband. I clean my home. I work on projects that I have always wanted to get done. I fill my net with good things and, like Simon and Andrew, these things provide health and wellness for my family. Yet I also know that I sometimes get caught up in the day to dayness of it all and don't take time to really let the Savior into my life. There are days that I just forget to get down and formally thank Him for the wonderful love he has brought into my life. I need to take time to thank him for the wonderful things. To truly take time to marvel at His creations. 

I know that following him is a simple thing but in the world I live in today it is complex. I find that things like making bottles, changing diapers, making dinner, cleaning up toys, and the rest of my day to day life seem to crowd out the simple things of just following him and coming to see how to live my life better. It was those day to day things that stopped me from finishing this book before, So now I am here trying to put them aside on the first step to following him. 

So what is it for you? What do you find impedes you from coming and seeing? 

No comments:

Post a Comment